Coldplay will harness their fans' energy and more.
- For their next World Tour, music band Coldplay will harness their fans' energy to make their concerts more sustainable. Indeed, the band will capture the energy of dancing fans through kinetic flooring.
- New Zealand passed a law that makes banks, insurers, and investment companies disclose the impacts of climate change on their business. The goal is for them to “become more sustainable by factoring the short, medium, and long-term effects of climate change into their business decisions.” New Zealand is the first country to pass such legislation.
- New evidence shows Vikings arrived in North America precisely 1000 years ago, in 1021. Although we already knew that the Norse reached America way before Columbus, it’s the first time we pinpoint their exact arrival date in Newfoundland.
- In the UK, investments in impact ventures (early-stage startups with a social mission) climbed by 41% in 2020. These impact ventures have been particularly resilient to the crisis, especially those working in the tech sector.
- South Korea officially committed to reducing carbon emissions by 40% by the end of the decade. This necessary target is quite ambitious as the country is currently one of the world’s most fossil-fuel reliant economies, with coal accounting for more than 44% of the country’s electricity.